The KU Alzheimer's Disease Center is proud to offer our Lifestyle Empowerment for Alzheimer's Prevention (LEAP!) program. This innovative program translates the latest Alzheimer's disease prevention research into actionable recommendations for everyday life. To protect the health and safety of our staff and visitors, all LEAP! offerings are currently being held exclusively online. Visit our LEAP! website to access the following resources:
- Brain Health Boot Camp - a nine-week email course on the fundamentals of a brain-healthy lifestyle (COMING SOON!)
- Weekly group coaching calls - small group discussion and Q&A to get your brain-healthy-lifestyle questions answered via Zoom
- Monthly blog posts
- Email newsletter with healthy lifestyle tips + weekly access to group coaching via Zoom (join the email list to get connected)
- The LEAP! Brainpower Blueprint book, a helpful Alzheimer's prevention manual written by the KU ADC (see more on this below).
Meet the LEAP! Team: LEAP! is an evidence-based program, created with contributions from a variety of health and research professionals. This program is managed by Rachel Sandoval, MS, RDN, LD. Rachel has been with the ADC since 2015 and is passionate about making brain health attainable, fun, and empowering. Rachel collaborates with doctors, dietitians, exercise physiologists, social workers, psychologists, physical therapists, community educators, and scientists to keep LEAP! packed with the latest brain health information.
The LEAP! Brainpower Blueprint contains a wealth of practical information to help you prioritize brain health. This one-of-a-kind book provides evidence-based information on the following topics:
- Brain-healthy eating
- The four pillars of exercise for cognitive health
- Cognitive engagement
- Sleep health: how to promote quality sleep for a rested brain
- Stress management and emotional health
- Socialization and brain health